Deciding on the right treatment program for yourself or a loved one can be an extremely difficult and overwhelming endeavor. Our goal at Wellness Resource Center is to provide you with as much information as you need to make an educated decision. We are here to guide you every step of the way, not only in coming to treatment, but also during the course of treatment and beyond.
Conditions We Treat
Wellness Resource Center prides itself on being a destination for true dual diagnosis rehabilitation. At Wellness, we specialize in the treatment of adult men and women who are suffering from drug or alcohol dependency along with co-occurring mental health conditions. These co-occurring disorders include most mood disorders, such as major depressive disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, bipolar disorder (manic-depression), and cyclothymia. In addition, we also provide care to those who are grappling with other co-occurring issues, including:
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder or compulsive behaviors
- Schizoaffective disorder
- Personality disorders (e.g. borderline personality disorder, antisocial personality disorder, etc.)
- Non-primary eating disorders
In many cases, a clear co-occurring diagnosis cannot be made because of an active addiction. At Wellness Resource Center, we provide a safe environment that is free from drugs and alcohol so that a proper treatment plan can be created. All prospective clients are individually assessed and approved on a case-by-case basis to ensure clinical appropriateness.
About Our Services
At Wellness Resource Center, we recognize that every client is an individual with his or her own specific needs. As such, we cater each client’s treatment plan to best serve his or her long-term goals. Our graduated continuum of care is ultimately designed to safely transition clients from an inpatient level of care back to their everyday lives with the tools and knowledge they need to live a healthy life, free from drugs and alcohol.
In order to instill the skills necessary for successful recovery outcomes, Wellness Resource Center’s individualized treatment tracks consist of the following services:
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP) - Day/night treatment with community housing
- Intensive outpatient / step-down treatment continuum
- Psychiatric care and medication management
- Structured family involvement, including family therapy and a family program
- Thorough aftercare services and a free alumni program
- Case management and continuing care planning
Clinical Excellence and Unique Therapies
Since 1998, Wellness Resource Center has been a leader in dual diagnosis treatment, specializing in treating clients with complex needs. As one of the first Florida-model partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient programs, Wellness has maintained the same level of clinical excellence since its inception. Our team of licensed clinicians, psychiatrists, therapists, social workers, nurses, and case managers bring over two centuries of combined experience in their respective fields. Our extended care model allows for an individualized treatment plan and tailored length of stay so that our clients can take the time they need to truly heal.
When you begin treatment at Wellness Resource Center, our clinical team will work with you to develop a personalized plan of care that best sets you up for success. Your specific treatment team will include at least one primary therapist, with additional involvement from other therapists and case managers based on your needs. Coinciding with individual therapy and case management, clients at Wellness Resource Center receive a number of different therapeutic interventions, including the following:
- Psychoeducational groups: These group sessions are run by licensed clinicians and focus on assisting clients in developing skill sets for dealing with substance use & the symptoms of co-occurring disorders. The topics covered in these groups can include relapse prevention, anger management, coping skills, and more.
- Process therapy groups: These smaller groups allow clients to share and talk through current emotional problems and past life-events in a safe environment. These groups are supervised by trained mental health professionals and are divided into gender-specific or age-specific groups. This allows clients to not only feel comfortable sharing their experiences, but also to feel supported by peers who may be dealing with similar struggles.
- Spirituality group: Spirituality is an important element in both 12-Step programs and in providing a holistic approach to care. Our clients are encouraged to explore their own personal spirituality in a group setting that is both informational and collaborative.
- DBT groups: Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) is an important therapeutic modality utilized at Wellness Resource Center. It provides tangible skills to combat the irrational thinking that is often tied to substance use and co-occurring conditions. In our DBT groups, clients learn and practice skills to prevent the repetition of self-destructive behaviors.
- Experiential therapy: Experiential therapy is a valuable alternative to traditional talk therapy. Using role-playing and other psychodrama exercises, clients are able to confront difficult emotions, work through family-of-origin issues, and process traumatic experiences in a safe, structured environment.
- 12-Step integration: We have found that participation in a 12-Step program is very beneficial for clients who are coping with drug or alcohol dependency. At Wellness Resource Center, we facilitate attendance of 12-Step meetings and provide opportunities for our clients to practice sober interaction and the building of sober support networks.
Compassion and Respect
At Wellness Resource Center, it is our responsibility to challenge the negative thinking patterns that fuel drug and alcohol addiction and prevent mental health and wellness. We also aim to challenge those thoughts and behaviors in a way that demonstrates empathy, compassion, and respect. We understand that addiction and mental illness are profoundly isolating and alienating conditions, but there is no reason to go through it alone. By coming to Wellness Resource Center, you are becoming part of a family and a community that will support you long after you leave the treatment setting.
If you or someone you care about is struggling with chemical dependency and/or mental health concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff can provide more information about our programming options and answer any questions you may have.
To obtain more information about the programming that we supply, please do not hesitate to reach out to us as quickly as possible. If you or someone you love is facing the challenges of mental illness and/or chemical dependency, let us help. You do not have to go it alone.