At Wellness Resource Center, we understand how intimidating getting treatment for addiction and mental illness can seem, which is why we have developed a streamlined admissions process that is as comfortable as possible. Prospective clients, families, and referents are free to contact Wellness Resource Center directly during regular business hours, when our onsite admissions coordinator will be ready and willing to answer any questions and facilitate the process of admissions. Additionally, individuals can contact our Admissions Support Center 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Pre-Admission Screening for Wellness Resource Center
Once the initial call has occurred, the admissions coordinator or a treatment team designee will complete a comprehensive pre-admission screening assessment in order to determine whether or not Wellness Resource Center will best be able to meet the potential client’s needs. At this time, the admissions coordinator or member of the treatment team will also oversee the use of any insurance benefits and coordinate financial coverage. He or she will also identify whether or not a prospective client is in need of detoxification and, if detox is deemed clinically appropriate, necessary referrals will be made, transportation will be arranged, and correspondence with the client’s family and/or referral source will occur.
Whenever possible, all screenings will be prioritized based on any immediate needs in order to minimize wait times. If necessary, potential clients may be referred to a network of facilities if community housing is needed and not immediately available, or if the client’s immediate needs cannot be addressed or maintained at the level of care offered at Wellness Resource Center.
Admission Criteria for Wellness Resource Center
The admissions criteria for Wellness Resource Center is as follows:
- Males or females, ages 18 and older
- History of substance abuse / dependence, with or without the presence of mental health issue(s)
- Deteriorating interpersonal, social, family, or occupational functioning due to a psychiatric disturbance
- Ability to actively participate in the structure of the treatment program
- Non-existence of withdrawal symptoms, or after completion of a detoxification program, and client is medically cleared to actively participate in treatment
- Be able to reside in our South Florida community housing, and independently maintain activities of daily living
- Motivation for day and night treatment based on pre-admission assessment and willingness to comply treatment contract
- Ability to meet Wellness Resource Center’s financial criteria
Wellness Resource Center is pleased to provide treatment to men and women who have received a dual diagnosis of psychiatric illness and chemical dependency. We have successfully rehabilitated clients who have struggled with chronic relapse, previous failures at addiction treatment facilities, and mental health issues that have impeded their progress in other drug rehab programs. Because Wellness Resource Center provides more comprehensive support and a more extensive array of therapeutic services than most substance abuse treatment programs, we are well-equipped to help people get well and stay well, despite a possible history of prior setbacks.
Individuals who are appropriate for treatment at Wellness Resource Center include the following:
- Individuals who are battling chemical dependency and have just begun to realize the need for treatment for their drug or alcohol problem
- Individuals who struggle with chronic relapse
- Individuals discharging from behavioral health hospitals
- Individuals discharging from addiction treatment facilities
- Individuals who have failed to thrive in outpatient addiction treatment
- Individuals who have just received the services of an interventionist
- Individuals who have failed to thrive in multiple previous substance abuse treatment
Once an individual has been screened and determined eligible for admission, the process of entering into treatment will begin, and an admission date will be coordinated with the clinical team. A member of the treatment team will then complete any pre-certifications with insurance as indicated.
At Wellness Resource Center, we are able to provide same-day screenings and can complete the entire admissions process in less than 24 hours, so as to ensure that clients are afforded the care they need as soon as possible.
Starting Addiction Recovery at Wellness Resource Center
If you or a loved one has been approved for admission at Wellness Resource Center, please look over our pre-admission checklist to ensure that you or your loved one has everything needed to begin a healing journey at Wellness.